Thursday 15 November 2012

Confessions of a neglectful blogger!

I have to confess that I have never, ever given my blog a chance. Short of using it as a hosting platform for what are essentially two poop crochet patterns, I have not really posted much at all. 

All that is about to change.

As of this very minute, I promise with all my heart to pay this blog some much needed attention and give it the love that it deserves. Primarily its use will be to document my crafting and baking, along with the odd spattering of the other oddities that fill my life. 

Please feel free to join me as I venture into the unknown and officially become a blogger.

I guess the first thing I should do is introduce my current project; please say a big hello to what I have affectionately started calling "The Never Ending Baby Blanket". It's a commission (a free one) for a friend. Stupidly I agreed that I could easily produce what the pattern called for. Well, yes I can. Only I had not properly accounted for how long this "little blanket" was going to take me. Each motif is taking about 20 minutes, you count them yourself and feel free to gasp in the same way I just did when I realised how many hours I have already spent on this, and how many more I have left to dedicate to it. I must say, I am really struggling to retain a positive attitude while hook is in hand. I'm just managing it though as I really want the blanket to signify love and warmth, and not desperation and despair!



I promise to return tomorrow, I really, really do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment